Russiagate update! Surprise headline will make FOX News cultists’ heads explode
It turns out that Special Counsel Robert Mueller gave an unceremonious heave-ho to an investigator with a possible political bias against Donald Trump!
[Mueller] removed a top F.B.I. agent from his investigation into Russian election meddling after the Justice Department’s inspector general began examining whether the agent had sent text messages that expressed anti-Trump political views, according to three people briefed on the matter.
The agent, Peter Strzok, is considered one of the most experienced and trusted F.B.I. counterintelligence investigators. He helped lead the investigation into whether Hillary Clinton mishandled classified information on her private email account, and then played a major role in the investigation into links between President Trump’s campaign and Russia.
But Mr. Strzok was reassigned this summer from Mr. Mueller’s investigation to the F.B.I.’s human resources department, where he has been stationed since. The people briefed on the case said the transfer followed the discovery of text messages in which Mr. Strzok and a colleague reacted to news events, like presidential debates, in ways that could appear critical of Mr. Trump.
Got that, FOX viewers? “Could appear”? There goes that whole “They’re out to get our glorious leader and stop making America great again!” trope.
Meanwhile, you might be surprised to learn that Mueller’s probe yielded another guilty plea yesterday, one Michael Flynn… okay, you’re not surprised, because the actual news media was covering it:
- ABC News’ Brian Ross reported — in error — on Friday, during Flynn’s court hearing, that Flynn is prepared to testify that President Donald Trump directed him to make contact with Russians when he was a presidential candidate. According to the court filing, Jared Kushner delivered the order. Flynn subordinate K.T. McFarland was also in the loop. The court documents themselves reveal that the Trump transition team’s meddling in affairs of state while Obama was president went well beyond Flynn — raising the possibility of Logan Act indictments.
- Reuters has an exclusive: Mideast nuclear plan backers bragged of support from Flynn.
- Steven Longman believes that the Flynn guilty plea just dynamited Vice President Mike Pence’s credibility.
- Former reality-show host Donald J. Trump reportedly learned about the Flynn plea deal and guilty plea from a news report.
- Just days after Day after Paul Manafort’s lawyers had hammered out a bond deal with the Office of Special Counsel, Mueller wants to reconsider — because Manafort may have overstated the value of one of his real estate assets.
- Far-right crazies are blaming the entire mess on Jews and the media.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 News Behaving Badly