Man Sues After Being Arrested, Forced To Have 3 Enemas, Colonoscopy
Looks like these law enforcement officers decided to put the “violation” in moving violation. Bad move:
This story definitely falls in the OMG category. Some guy in New Mexico is coming out of a Walmart parking lot this past January when he rolls through a stop sign. The cops pull him over, order him out of the car, and then grow concerned when they think they see him “clenching his buttocks.”
He must have drugs!
So the police go and get a search warrant from a judge, who actually authorizes it, and proceed to take the man to a hospital, where the following takes place without his permission:
- They x-ray his abdomen, find nothing.
- They examine his anus digitally, find nothing.
- They examine his anus again digitally, find nothing.
- They give him an enema, make him defecate in front of the doctors and cops, examine his stool, and find nothing.
- They give him a second enema, find nothing.
- They give him a third enema, find nothing.
- They x-ray him again, find nothing.
- So what do they do next? Prepare him for surgery and give him a forced colonoscopy. And find nothing.
Not surprisingly, the man is now suing the cops and the hospital.