Christie News Conference: I’m Sorry, Heads Are Rolling
Here are the key points from NJ Gov. Chris Christie’s Thursday news conference regarding Wednesday’s “Bridgegate” internal communication revelations made prior to the Q&A:
- The governor apologized to the people of Fort Lee and the state of New Jersey;
- The governor is going to Fort Lee today to offer an apology to the town;
- The governor fired deputy chief of staff Bridget Anne Kelly;
- The governor has ordered Bill Stepian to withdraw his name from consideration as chairman of the New Jersey republican Party and to withdraw his consultancy from the Republican Governors’ Association;
- • The governor repeatedly characterized the behavior behind the e-mails as “unacceptable”;
- The governor claims he “had no involvement… in the planning and execution” of the George Washington Bridge closing and blasted the “stupidity” of those behind the closings.