April 10, 2014 2:23 am -

The unidentified Orlando man started a small fire to try to get rid of bugs. Not a good idea.

…the fire got out of control and the man was trapped inside his apartment. Fortunately, a neighbor came to his rescue…

“I am yelling at him and I hear him yelling ‘Help,’ but I felt like he couldn’t hear me,” neighbor Leanna Boyer told WFTV. “He wasn’t really responding. I banged first, and then it didn’t pop, and then I just smashed through [the glass window].”

According to the Orlando Sentinel, a police report stated: “There was trash and empty beer cans covering the majority of the floor in the living area and the kitchen. The bedroom where most of the fire damage occurred was also filled with trash and cans.”

The man reportedly told Orlando police “that he started the blaze accidentally, while trying to burn the bugs in his apartment.”

D.B. Hirsch
D.B. Hirsch is a political activist, news junkie, and retired ad copy writer and spin doctor. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.