Cliven Bundy Is Now Teaching American History On YouTube
That’s right, the man who knows the law inside and out, who lives and reveres the Constitution, who loves having friends over for a good time–if they bring guns–wants to share with you his great knowledge of history.
Bundy, the Mormon father of 14 who fought for the right to graze his cattle on taxpayer land without paying his fees, has become a straight-up George Washington for gun-toting liberty lovers and freepers nationwide, and now he’s using his bully pulpit to offer them history lessons on America.
You won’t find the recorded lessons on his YouTube page; you need a special link to access each one, which Bundy provides if you sign up for his corporate-style email list. Fortunately, the videos are still pretty easy to find online if you do some basic poking…
What’s the basis of these history lessons? A lot of hilariously incorrect bullshit. To wit, Bundy explains the following:
- How America started with some pilgrims in a sailboat who thought the world—or “the ocean,” in Bundy’s parlance—was flat and had edges you could fall off.
- How the 13 colonies waged the American Revolution against “Europe,” which had the largest army ever.
- How the Constitution is divinely inspired and useless without the Ten Commandments.
- How fans of vigorous federalism like Washington, Madison and Hamilton “didn’t want a big central government, we didn’t want a big state government, we was even leery about having even a local government.”
- How the founding fathers set up the three branches of U.S. government, including the “adjudical” or “judical.”