Real news. With snark, invective, and lots of links. Guaranteed behaving badly.
By D.B. HirschAugust 4, 2014 1:19 am - NewsBehavingBadly.com
Via Sarah Jones:
Yeah the Republicans have figured out that the American people are idiots and they don’t have to worry about how their messages contradict each other because they will always have their base and the Democratic base is never going to vote for them. The easiest way to reach swing voters is to say any and every negative thing you can about the POTUS and hope just one of them overpowers the most recent episode of Honey Boo Boo long enough to get them to show up in November and pull the ‘R’ lever. I hope they are wrong. We will find out in November.
In summary, Republicans will ask the President to do what they can’t or won’t do legislatively, but will, in fits of childish angst, blame him for every evil since the beginning of time and threaten to sue him.
I used to think modern conservatism was just a simple brain dysfunction, not anymore, as it’s also compulsive petulant behavior.
I’d compare them to toddlers throwing tantrums, but the toddlers do get over it and mature. I see no maturity in modern day cons.
Actually toddlers usually have some sort of reason, albeit trivial, to throw a tantrum.
Petulant Binary Delusionalism
Yes and President Obama is also a tyrannical dictator as well as being a weak leader. The hypocrisy doesn’t matter to republicans because today’s conservatism is based on hate, anger, bigotry and lies. Truth is not important to them.
The House Republicans are so blinded by their ideological tunnel vision — not to mention their unstated, but very real, racial animus toward the nation’s first black president — that they’re acting in blind ignorance of both the Constitution and the Supreme Court.
Not only does Article I Section 8 of the Constitution not authorize Congress to take legal action against a sitting president in court (It can hold the president accountable for his actions in office ONLY through the impeachment process), but a 1982 Supreme Court ruling declared that a sitting president is immune from civil lawsuits stemming from his official acts while in office.
It’s amazing how blind animus can make people so stupid.
So, aren’t these the same GOP bozo’s that are always screaming about tort reform?
Not the same thing. Tort reform is for frivolous lawsuits, there is nothing frivolous about a president abusing his power. Our system is setup to prevent such behavior and we should embrace it no matter who occupies the White House. What happens if we allow it to happen now because we like President Obama and then we get a president we don’t like and he/she does the same thing? The three branches of government was designed because of situations like this.
Please explain how Obama has abused his power, and how what he’s done is different from what other presidents have done.
It should be a concern to all of us when a president abuses his power because it sets a precedent for future administrations.
Here are some examples why every American should be concerned:
Governing by Executive Fiat
1. Disregarded 1996 welfare reform law in granting broad work waivers for work requirements of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
2. Implemented portions of the DREAM Act, which Congress rejected, by executive action.
3. Ended some terror asylum restrictions, by allowing asylum for people who provided only “insignificant” or “limited”
material support of terrorists.
4. Allowed immigrants in the U.S. illegally, who are relatives of military troops and veterans, to stay in the country and get legal status.
5. Extended federal marriage benefits by recognizing, under federal law, same-sex marriages created in a state that allows same-sex marriage even if the couple is living in a state that doesn’t recognize same-sex marriage.
6. Recognized same-sex marriage in Utah, even though the Supreme Court stayed the court order recognizing
same-sex marriage in Utah and Utah said it would not recognize samesex marriages performed before the stay.
7. Refused to prosecute violation of drug laws with certain mandatory minimums.
8. Issued signing statements, refusing to enforce parts of congressional-enacted statutes.
9. Illegally refused to act on Yucca Mountain’s application to become a nuclear waste repository.
1. Falsely portrayed the Benghazi terrorist attack as a spontaneous protest against an anti-Muslim YouTube video, and then lied about the White House’s involvement.
2. Illegally revealed the existence of sealed indictments in the Benghazi investigation.
3. Failed to enforce the Magnitsky Act as required by law, by not adding Russian human rights abusers to a list of people not permitted to travel to or do business in the U.S.13
4. Killed four Americans overseas in counterterrorism operations without judicial process.
5. Continued to give Egypt aid after the military took over its government, even though federal law prohibits aid to Egypt in the event of a coup.
1. Granted a “hardship” exemption from the individual mandate for people whose health plans were canceled because their plans weren’t Obamacare compliant.
2. Delayed the individual mandate for two years.
3. Allowed individuals to buy health insurance plans in 2014 that did not comply with Obamacare.18 Extended this delay until 2016—past the mid-term elections.
4. Extended the deadline to enroll in Obamacare.
5. Illegally granted businesses a waiver from Obamacare’s employer mandate. Twice.
6. Illegally continued the Obamacare employer contribution for congressional staffs.
7. Illegally delayed the Obamacare caps on out-of-pocket healthcare payments.
8. Illegally delayed Obamacare verification of eligibility for healthcare subsidies.
9. Illegally required people to violate their faith via the Obamacare contraception mandate.
10. As of May 2011, over 50% of Obamacare waiver beneficiaries were union members (who account for less than 12% of the American work force).
1. Ordered Boeing to fire 1,000 employees in South Carolina and shut down a new factory because it was non-union.
2. Implemented a moratorium on offshore drilling after the Deepwater Horizon oil spill without statutory authority, and continued to enact new versions after federal courts repeatedly
invalidated the moratorium.
3. Treated secured creditors worse than unsecured creditors in the Chrysler bankruptcy.
4. Terminated the pensions of 20,000 non-union Delphi employees in the GM bankruptcy.
5. Had SWAT teams raid a Gibson guitar factory and seize property, on the purported basis that Gibson had
broken India’s environmental laws—but no charges were filed.
6. Government agencies are engaging in “Operation Choke Point,” where the government asks banks to “choke
off” access to financial services for customers engaging in conduct the Administration does not like—such as “ammunition sales.”
Apart from being lazy and uninformative, AR, proper copy n paste etiquette requires attribution of your boilerplate Obama-hatin’ document to its author.
“Not the same thing. Tort reform is for frivolous lawsuits”
You DO understand that the goal of civil litigation is to recover damages right?
Please explain what damage the President has done to Boehner and his 14 percent approval rated congress by delaying something that they wanted delayed.
perhaps my use of the term frivolous was incorrect The term should have been “stupid lawsuit”.
The bill passed by the House GOP is a wholly symbolic and completely untenable POS, and they know it. Its sole purpose was to politically flip the bird at the White House, not to create a feasible solution to the current problem.
Just another example of the highly-dogmatic tea party tail wagging the ineffectual dog of the House majority leadership.
Boehner to Obama:
“We can’t seem to get anything done here in Congress, so you’re going to have to use Executive Action to solve some of the most pressing problems facing the nation …
… but, of course, we’ll sue your ass if you do.”
We need to wake up and put partisan politics aside, our leaders are failing us.
The person in this video is a professor (Ph.D.) at Yavapai College in Prescott, Arizona. He puts a different spin on what Obama is doing to Arizona. It must be why this professor is rated highly by his students – 3.8 on a 4.0 scale. This may be the best video produced on the illegal alien problems that are being experienced. Watch the video, it is short and makes a lot of sense.
The only leaders failing us are the gopers in Congress. They refuse to work with Congressional Democrats and President Obama.
You may want to see the bills that Harry Reid is sitting on that have passed through the House. He refuses to bring them to the floor. Our government is in gridlock and there are no sides to take, we should demand better and forget party loyalty since they are all doing a poor job.
Latest count is that Reid is sitting on 420 bills that the House has passed. http://www.salon.com/2010/10/06/senate_inaction/
A-Right Brings the Latest News: Latest count is that Reid is sitting on 420 bills that the House has passed.
I just noticed that once again, you’ve brought news from four years ago here and characterized it as “the latest.”
Curiosity compels me to wonder if you’ve just awakened from a four year coma.
It’s not a different spin, for heaven’s sake, it’s a four-year-old boilerplate Tea Party talking point memo. Yes, four years old. Did you even know this, AR?
Haven’t really heard much from Prof Lovell since then, incidentally. What’s he up to now?
Four years old and just as fresh is new. Which of the points the professor made do you disagree with? Did he misspeak when he said the President will sue Arizona? And, did they do it? http://hotair.com/archives/2010/06/18/breaking-wh-will-sue-arizona-over-sb1070/
President Obama also said in his speech before President Calderon, “As your partner, we’ll give you the support you need to prevail. Through increased law enforcement on our side of the border, we’re putting unprecedented pressure on those who traffic in drugs, guns, and people. We’re working to stem the southbound flow of American guns and money, which is why, for the first time, we are now screening 100 percent of southbound rail cargo.” We know how that worked out when AG Holder lost track of the guns in his “Fast and Furious” program.
AR simpers: We know how that worked out when AG Holder lost track of the guns in his “Fast and Furious” program.
[sigh] Oh, blow it out yer muzzle, AR, my God, are you still dragging that dead horse around?
The gun walking scandal was investigated and sorted long ago, and it’s accepted by every investigation (in fact, one of the first was initiated in 2011 by the AG) that this was a misguided tactic used in various forms since 2006 by the ATF field office in Arizona.
Neither Holder or Obama authorized the program, and neither of them knew of it until 2011, at which point the Arizona ATF was told to discontinue the program and some Arizona ATF officers got “reassigned,” as they say.
It’s old, it’s tired, and that’s what makes it so funny for those of us watching you and Darrell Issa furiously tugging on this like a terrier with a sock.
< News Behaving Badly home