August 26, 2014 12:35 am -

The woman had a four-inch burn down her chest after falling asleep on her iPhone 4.


“I sleep in the nude and this large red mark was all down one side to the nipple,” Dionne Baxter said of her painful discovery.

“When I touched the phone, it was so hot, I couldn’t pick it up,” the 24-year-old mother added…

Frightening as the incident is, it is not an isolated incident.

Two weeks ago, 18-year old Jake Parker woke up with a painful burn on his arm after he, too, had fallen asleep draped across his iPhone 5.

In February, a 14-year-old girl in Maine suffered second degree burns to her thigh and back after her iPhone spontaneously caught fire while it was in her back pocket.[su_sky_ad]

D.B. Hirsch
D.B. Hirsch is a political activist, news junkie, and retired ad copy writer and spin doctor. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.

6 responses to Woman Falls Asleep On Charging iPhone And Is Severely Burned

  1. MIAtheistGal August 26th, 2014 at 7:43 am

    I can tell you my iPhone gets very hot sometimes when it charges. Just sometimes, though, not all the time. No idea why.

  2. CharlieMA August 26th, 2014 at 8:02 am

    Electrical current – is HOT – laying on said device that is charging is ‘illogical’ at best, at it’s worse down right stupid. Batteries store electricity < key word here.. electricity.. Do not blame the device before investigating the I.Q. of the person handling said device.

  3. Suzanne McFly August 26th, 2014 at 8:46 am

    Ok, I understand the phone burning you is a big deal, but my question is why are these adults sleeping with their phones? Seems kind of weird to me, is Apple supposed to develop a phone you can sleep on?

  4. craig7120 August 26th, 2014 at 1:12 pm

    Why can’t I sleep with my phone?
    Phones shouldn’t burn you
    Don’t use a balm until settlement is reached.

    Jackie Chiles

    • CharlieMA August 26th, 2014 at 6:28 pm

      Forget personal responsibility.. just sue the company instead of the oaf realizing they did wrong. Shall we start suing the manufacturers of knives because the user cuts their finger or decapitates it?

      • craig7120 August 27th, 2014 at 12:29 am

        Just say you didn’t find the joke funny, sheeeesh

        lighten up, dude

        Go hug a puppy, you’ll feel better