Dog Dies In Drying Cage Because Groomer Left To Go To Graduation
A woman who took her dog to Petco to be groomed was shocked to find that Colby had died because the technician left for the day.
Allison Marks told ABC News today she dropped off 2-year-old Colby at a Petco in Midlothian, Virginia, early Friday morning and was told he’d be finished around noon. Marks said she started worrying when she didn’t hear from the groomers by 1 p.m., so she called and was told to go to a local animal clinic.
She said she walked in and saw Colby on the vet’s table with “glazed over” eyes. Marks said the Petco assistant manager told her they had given Colby a bath and he was in the drying unit when they found him.
Marks said the Petco assistant manager told her that the groomer who had been working on Colby left to go to a graduation.
Petco says it has suspended the grooming technician pending an investigation.