Trump dumps announcer of every inauguration since 1957
Charlie Brotman, who has been the announcer for every presidential inauguration since 1957, will be away from the microphone for Trump’s inauguration Jan. 20 — after the Trump team dumped him.
That will make Trump the first President since Dwight Eisenhower whose parade will not be narrated by Brotman.
“I’m disappointed,” Brotman, 89, told the Washington Post last week…
“I know I can do it. I know that I’ve done it many many times. They ask me every time and it’s such an honor.”
Brotman also told WJLA he was “destroyed” by the decision.