Russiagate update: Jared Kushner’s lousy Thanksgiving
You guessed it: there were multiple big slices of Russiagate turkey for Trump’s “Golden Boy” son-in-law in just the last news cycle. The stuffing is plenty savory, too!
- Special Counsel Mueller is looking into Kushner’s pre-Trump-regime shenanigans at the UN – and Steve Bannon has been dragged into the mess. Good.
- One big takeaway from the WSJ article is reported in Newsweek: they confirm from four sources a previous report that Jared Kushner pushed Trump to fire James Comey. Smart move there, Slick!
- Re. Mr. Kushner, a high-level Republican in frequent contact with the White House told Vanity Fair‘s Gabriel Sherman that “[White House Chief of Staff John] Kelly has clipped his wings.” Well, if the plan is to eventually cut the turkey’s head off…
- [Yes, Dave G weighed in on both of the stories here at NBB]
- You have probably never heard of Roman Beniaminov, a “low-profile real estate exec turned pop star manager,” but we bet that Team Mueller has — “[d]ays before the infamous Trump Tower meeting in June 2016, [Beniaminov] alerted a meeting participant that the topic of “dirt” on Hillary Clinton could come up.
- Earlier this year, guess which congressman dined with Alexander Torshin, that Russian banker who is thisclose to Putin and tried to arrange a “backdoor” meeting between Trump and Putin during the 2016 prez campaign? Clue: the Kremlin considered him such a valuable source of intel that they gave him a code name!
- Disastrous Education Secretary Betsy DeVos’s brother is “reported to have tried setting up secret communications between Trump and Putin.” He gets his turn in the barrel next week.
- ICYMI: this read will give you some idea of why we believe Michael Flynn and/or his son will be the next parties Mueller’s office indicts.
- You’ll enjoy this tweet from Jason Leopold (and we recommend you click through to the scan of the letter):
This is effed up.
3 YRS AGO (!!), I filed a FOIA request w/DIA for docs on Michael Flynn’s job performance, his resignation, etc.
DIA RESPONDED FOR THE FIRST TIME YESTERDAY!
DIA says these records on Flynn can’t be released b/c it would interfere w/law enforcement proceedings pic.twitter.com/WaTCJwRgx8
— Jason Leopold (@JasonLeopold) November 21, 2017
Unless something amazing, egregious, or egregiously amazing hits the newswire, we’re taking Thanksgiving off. Happy Turkey Day to one and all!
— Thanks to the ever-astute Dave “Doctor” Gonzo, who also contributed to this post.