Russiagate update: Thanksgiving Mueller Time! When news like this breaks on a holiday…
- BOOM! The Gray Lady: “A Split From Trump Indicates That [Michael] Flynn Is Moving to Cooperate With [Robert] Mueller“. Read between the lines: waaay better than even odds that Mueller flipped Flynn.
- WaPo confirms NY Times story. It’s on!
- Norm Eisen — a former chairman of CREW and Ethics Czar for the Obama White House, tweeted this last night:
I negotiated a cooperation deal for a target with Mueller’s office when he was US Atty and lemme tell ya, he’s not gonna give one to Flynn unless he implicates someone up the ladder. That means Kushner, Don Jr., or Big Daddy. They are all having indigestion tonight. https://t.co/8SNzelLuBp
— Norm Eisen (@NormEisen) November 24, 2017
- Renato Mariotti, a former prosecutor and candidate for Illinois AG, makes this important observation in a Twitter thread (click here for the full thread but give it a minute to load):
7/ That’s a shocking development because it means that Flynn does not expect Trump to pardon him or his son, or he believes that him or his son could be convicted of unpardonable state offenses. If pardons are off the table, cooperation is likely the right move for Flynn.
— Renato Mariotti (@renato_mariotti) November 24, 2017
- Oh — and this!
BAD DAY FOR CONSPIRACY: Sekulow comment is a serious indicator Flynn cooperating on an Top Secret intelligence matter will destroy him -likely the phone call to Moscow. Was Flynn a poss unwitting Russian intelligence asset that Obama tried to warn them about … so blame Obama? https://t.co/FxqV51Usrj
— Malcolm Nance (@MalcolmNance) November 24, 2017
- It is more than likely that this story from late Wednesday concerning Flynn business partner Bijan Kian is highly relevant to the developments reported in The NY Times.
- Vanity Fair: “During a May 10 meeting in the Oval Office, [Trump] betrayed his intelligence community by leaking the content of a classified, and highly sensitive, Israeli intelligence operation to two high-ranking Russian envoys, Sergey Kislyak and Sergey Lavrov.” It’s called treason, kids!
- Now isn’t this special? “Trump is our president!” Russian politicians “arranged a champagne party celebrating” Trump’s presidential victory
- From Wednesday’s TRMS: the Senate Intelligence Committee was briefed on Russia-based software maker Kaspersky Lab; they paid money to Mike Flynn, and had been identified as a potential problem by the Defense Intelligence Agency over a decade ago!
- Shaking my head: Loudmouth Trump compromised our national security by revealing Israel’s secret Syria raid to Russian diplomats.