Trump’s batsh!t insane NY Times interview: what you need to know
Late Thursday, former reality TV host Donald Trump deigned to grant Michael Schmidt of the “failing” New York Times what can only best be described as an incoherent, batsh!t insane interview accompanied by a summary article.
Here are the big takeaways:
- “No aides were present for the interview, and the president sat alone with a New York Times reporter at a large round table as club members chatted and ate lunch nearby.” Trump’s senior advisors had no idea that Trump had given the interview when it went live, another sign that Trump’s so-called administration lacks discipline, organization , and communication.
- Trump remains obsessed with the Russia scandal that is slowly destroying his administration and presidency, so obsessed that “Asked whether he would order the Justice Department to reopen the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails, Mr. Trump appeared to remain focused on the Russia investigation.” Trump is beyond being in mere denial: he sounds outright delusional when he says “no collusion” sixteen times. Let that sink in: what kind of elected politician makes his point sixteen times?
- Trump sounded like the autocrat son of gay-married Slobodan Milosevic and Augusto Pinochet when he claimed he had an “absolute right” to “do what he wants” with regard to the Justice Department the moment he feels he is not being treated “fairly,” and claimed that protecting the president is one of the Attorney General’s jobs. The House and Senate committees that oversee DOJ may have a very different opinion about the matter — as would the founding fathers.
- When the topic of Trump claiming that he “knows more about taxes” than anyone, David Cay Johnston reminded MSNBC viewers during the Thursday edition of The Last Word that Trump “just makes things up” — and, based on Johnston’s conversation with one of Trump’s tax advisors, said that Trump is in fact clueless about the issue and scared of Special Counsel Robert Mueller. But then, this is the same guy who targeted the wrong editor in one of his morning rage-tweets.
- Trump told the Times that Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference with last year’s election and possible conspiracy with Trump’s campaign “makes the country look very bad, and it puts the country in a very bad position.” You guessed it — projecting.
One of our favorite tweeps, @Alt_SpicerLies, summed it all up in two tweets:
No I’m dead serious I think @realDonaldTrump is bat sh*t crazy. Like a sh^t gibbon crazy.
This except is 200 words of sheer insanity.
For real @VP @SpeakerRyan @SenateMajLdr y’all need to invoke the 25th Amendment
👇🏻Trump is certifiably a NUT JOB👇🏻https://t.co/cuZT2TiX5j
— Alt_SeanSpicer’sMic🎙🤦🏻♀️🎙 (@Alt_Spicerlies) December 29, 2017