Trump’s time in the barrel is coming — and it will be epic!
Robert Mueller is looking into a myriad of possible charges against a myriad of players in the Trump Administration — including obstruction of justice by the stable genius TV star himself!
And if you’re wondering why the orange-haired dotard has seemed a bit more unhinged than usual, NBC’s exclusive may go a long way to explain:
Anticipating that Special Counsel Robert Mueller will ask to interview President Donald Trump, the president’s legal team is discussing a range of potential options for the format, including written responses to questions in lieu of a formal sit-down, according to three people familiar with the matter.
Lawyers for Trump have been discussing with FBI investigators a possible interview by the special counsel with the president as part of the inquiry into whether Trump’s campaign colluded with Russia during the 2016 election.
The discussions were described by one person with direct knowledge as preliminary and ongoing. Trump’s legal team is seeking clarification on whether the president would be interviewed directly by Mueller, as well as the legal standard for when a president can be interviewed, the location of a possible interview, the topics and the duration. But the president’s team is also seeking potential compromises that could avoid an interview altogether, two of those interviewed told NBC News.
- “Trump lawyers’ alternative strategy to submitting written questions, is to submit an affidavit signed by Trump in which he claims he was innocent and there was no collusion. AS IF Mueller would EVER make an agreement to “oh just give me an affidavit, it’s all good, not like I need to grill him on a million different things”. Seriously? This shows that Trump’s lawyers KNOW he CANNOT answer questions and he CANNOT be subjected to a face-to-face interview with Mueller, as he’d be toast (and he will be).”
- “[Former prosecutor Chuck] Rosenberg: “Prosecutors want to see and hear people in person. They want to probe and follow up. Body language and tone are important. ” Mueller is not going to forgo the chance to interview Trump in person. NOT happening.”
- “Clinton testified under oath and on camera before a federal grand jury for some four hours in 1998. And he was BRILLIANT, yet he was caught. Imagine what would happen to Trump.”
- “I now think the complete meltdown of the past week is due to the fact Mueller, after meeting with them, has informed them Trump must show up for interview.” [That would explain much of The Donald’s erratic ragetweets.]
- “Reminder that it was revealed Trump’s lawyers had a “shouting match” in the garage following the Mueller encounter. This would completely explain why.”
- “[T]his would explain why the traitorous GOPers have tried to discredit Mueller. They KNOW the end is coming.Trump being interviewed by Mueller would completely DESTROY the house of lies they have built, as Trump is mentally unfit and Mueller ALREADY knows what he’s asking for, don’t forget.”
- “Mueller being ready to interview Trump means he already has EVERYTHING he needs and KNOWS the answers to questions he wants to ask Trump.“
- “NO WAY Mueller doesn’t interview him. AND he’ll put him in front of [the Grand Jury] if necessary. The complete meltdown is [because] of this.”
Copyright 2018 News Behaving Badly